Gabby

Gabby
My Fabulous Self

Fabulous Gunnie

Fabulous Gunnie
My Big Sister Gunnie

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

FROM CHAOS TO HARMONY

Finally, the floor is done! Maintenance Man Tim came about 8:30am this morning and finished all the removal work and caucked the crevices on the sub-floor. He then started laying down the new tiles.

The Beginning
It was a very interesting process and we sat just outside the entrance to the kitchen and supervised him working all day. At lunch time he shared some of his chicken with us, we love MM Tim!

Making Progress
We had a lot of fun playing with all the old toys that were found under the fridge and washer. They had been there so long that the old toys seemed like new toys.

About 4:00pm we were nearing the end of installation and my human was practically doing the happy dance.


Just A Couple Of Pieces Left
Finally at 4:35 the floor was done and it looks great!!!!

PRETTY


Gunnie took it upon herself to perform a final inspection, I trusted MM Tim!

 

Once MM Tim has finished loading up all his tools, our human gave him a big hug for a job well done and then proceeded to start cleaning up the kitchen. Gunnie and I decided that it had been an exhausting day and and we were going for a well deserved snooze, cleaning is just not in our DNA.

When we woke up a couple of hours later we headed to the kitchen to see how the human was doing and this is what we found:


A clean, beautiful, big giant hole free, dust free, new floored kitchen! Our human is so happy that she gave us two treats instead of our normal one treat and then she ordered pizza.


Not sure what the pizza had to do with the new floor, but I guess she wanted just one more day of eating out. Her excuse was "I am too tired to cook".


Personally I think she is lying, but I am a cat so what do I know?


Harmony fills our home once again.

1 comment:

  1. That new floor looks pawsome! And I bet if there had been no trouble in the first place, the old not-so-pretty floor would have sat there indefinitely. That is how humans are.

    ReplyDelete